- We can rage against the law of gravity (and come down to earth with a bump).
- We can fool ourselves that we can stop or reverse the effects of ageing (and end up looking like a clown - or Joan Rivers).
- We can swear to break the Ten Commandments (and just become nasty, evil, twisted -- and often tediously boring).
But there's one law in particular that we gents in particular can moan about, try and buck, but it will ultimately win through:
- Ladies like to buy things. Oh yes they do.
Yes. While men tend to complain about the price of things, women like to buy things. Mrs H tends to leave me at home, at work, walking Patch or wherever when she goes shopping, because she knows that I will either moan and groan until she gives up, or I will keep looking over her shoulder saying things like:
- We've got one (or two, three, four etc.) of those already.
- What do you want one of those for?
- How much?
- It's not worth that much.
- They make those for pennies.
Thankfully they couldn't thing of a four-letter verb linked with the toilet. Small mercies.
P.S. A Happy St Joseph's Day to Old Pa Hurley