Sunday 24 April 2011

Hoorah for Easter! Hoorah for £1 Chocolate Eggs

Delivery for the Hurleys! "But Dad - it only cost £1, honest."
I am not one for excess. It is not due to any Puritanism, I like my Churches full of statues and a high altar can lift the mind to heaven. No, I avoid excess primarily because it tends to cost more.

I am nothing if not my father's son. They say he is as tight as a duck's, erm, backside. Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Ask any of my children and they will tell you that getting their dad to spend money is like getting blood from a stone.

The best things in life are free. A walk on the beach. A kick around with a football.

So when the little ones ask for Easter eggs they make a beeline for their mum, or they'll get a lecture on the pagan nature of Easter eggs (whereas if they were free, I'd embrace them, as they denote new life, rebirth and an end to Lenten fasting).

I think you're getting the picture. Tight.

This afternoon various eggs were distributed and I was informed "They only cost £1 each - and we got you one too dad."

So who am I to complain? If you can't beat them, join them. Embrace the revolution! My wallet remains intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No foul language please